Surety & Fidelity Law
The Surety & Fidelity Lawyers at Jennings Haug Cunningham have represented many of the surety companies doing business in Arizona, with our surety attorneys assisting our surety clients in investigating and defending claims made against all types of Surety & Fidelity bonds. We assist our clients by:
- Interpreting the scope of bond coverage and determining whether a particular claim is covered
- Evaluating fidelity claims – including investigation and claims handling
- Defending fidelity claims that cannot be resolved through investigation and claims handling procedures
- Evaluating construction surety claims and defaults, including investigating and coordinating multi-project bond losses and claims
- Defending performance and payment bond claims
- Defending license and miscellaneous bond claims
- Assisting with subrogation and salvage matters – including lawsuits to enforce indemnity obligations
- Representing client interests in bankruptcy proceedings
- Defending bad faith claims
Publishers and Editors of national publications come to Jennings Haug Cunningham when they have need for Arizona and southwestern regional expertise for their treatises on construction and Surety & Fidelity Law.
- The Surety Underwriters Desk Book (re.2016) for the American Bar Association by the Fidelity and Surety Law Committee.
Originally written for the construction surety underwriter, the Desk Book has gained popularity amongst claims professionals and other organizations, because of its value as a quick reference source for law in a broad range of jurisdictions.
The Surety Underwriter’s Desk Book, by Schexnayder, Chad and McNamara, Mary Alice, eds., American Bar Association (2013).
Jennings Haug Cunningham lawyers authored the chapters for Arizona, New Mexico and Environmental Law.
The Quick Reference Guide to Western States Surety & Fidelity Law, Publisher WSSC, LLC (2014).
Jennings Haug Cunningham lawyers authored the chapters covering Arizona, New Mexico.
The Arizona Surety & Fidelity litigation attorneys at Jennings Haug Cunningham both assert and defend business claims in court and before regulatory agencies through litigation, arbitration or mediation.
Our Mediation and Conference Center is equipped with digital audio and video technology and wireless, high-speed internet and intranet connections. The Center supports the alternative dispute resolution processes of mediation and arbitration.
The Arizona Surety & Fidelity attorneys of Jennings Haug Cunningham are: Chad L. Schexnayder, James L. Csontos, Edward Rubacha, Matthew H. Sloan, Joseph A. Brophy, William F. Haug, Mark E. Barker, Robert J. Lamb and Alana L. Porrazzo .
Contact the Arizona surety & fidelity lawyers at Jennings Haug Cunningham . We serve businesses operating in Phoenix and throughout the state of Arizona, including greater metropolitan Phoenix, Tucson, Flagstaff, Prescott and accept select cases throughout the southwest United States and California.
Recent articles by our lawyers on current surety & fidelity legal matters.