Family Law & Domestic Relations
Our Family Law and Domestic Relations attorneys in Arizona understand how complex and stressful family legal matters can be, particularly for prominent families and business owners who are obligated by myriad responsibilities and have significant assets to protect. Whether advising clients entering into a new union or ending a relationship, our Family Law and Domestic Relations attorneys are experienced in developing and implementing legal strategies that best protect our clients’ interests. Additionally, with any significant change to a family’s circumstances, we encourage our clients to review their will and estate plan with our Estate Planning attorneys to ensure their intentions are protected.
Our Family Law and Domestic Relations attorneys review and discuss several complex and sensitive areas of consideration when our clients are considering divorce, legal separation or annulment:
- Spousal Support Issues: entitlement to support (alimony), the amount of and length of time support should be paid, and whether there should be a component for continued health care coverage.
- Property Issues: equity in homestead and other real property, home furnishings, business assets, professional practices, retirement benefits (pensions, IRA’s, 401(k) plans), personal property, motor and recreational vehicles, savings accounts, hidden assets, marital waste, stocks, bonds and investment funds as well as debts.
- Domestic Violence
- Order of Protection
- Restoration of Maiden Name
- Attorney’s Fees and Expenses
And, for families with children, our lawyers discuss and advise our clients on the very sensitive decisions related to their children’s future care, including:
- Decision Making & Access with Children, involving legal and physical child custody arrangements, which may or may not involve joint custody; visitation with non-custodial parent; grandparent access and visitation with stepchildren.
- Financial Issues Relating to Children, including child support, health and dental insurance for children, uninsured healthcare costs and extraordinary expenses.
- Other important issues to be discussed and outlined in the agreement are: college education, beneficiaries of life insurance, claiming of children as dependents for income tax purposes, representation in Department of Child Services issues, and the religious upbringing of children.
Through the years, our Family Law and Domestic Relations attorneys have earned the trust of clients by successfully representing numerous individuals involved in high-asset divorce and community property cases. Our attorneys are also well-versed in advising on issues related to the impact of post-divorce bankruptcy and representing clients through the division of property review by the court, to best ensure their interests are protected.
In addition, our Family Law and Domestic Relations lawyers in Phoenix, Arizona advise clients seeking to protect their assets and business interests through prenuptial agreements, sole and separate property agreements and various other domestic relations agreements.
By listening to our clients and understanding their personal and business concerns, and the challenges at hand, our Family Law and Domestic Relations lawyers outline legal options and the associated risks to assist with establishing priorities in the matters at hand. Finally, a legal strategy that best achieves our clients’ goals is developed and implemented on their behalf.
Because many of our clients are prominent in the community, we understand that discretion is typically a priority as well. Therefore the family and domestic relations lawyers at Jennings Haug Cunningham are prepared to represent our clients through the alternative dispute resolution process of mediation and arbitration when appropriate.
Our Mediation and Conference Center is equipped with four segregated conference rooms and the latest in digital audio, video and Internet technology to support the ADR process.
Contact our Family Law and Domestic Relations lawyers in Arizona at Jennings Haug Cunningham. We serve individuals and businesses operating in Phoenix and throughout the state of Arizona, including greater metropolitan Phoenix, Tucson, Flagstaff, Yuma and Prescott.