Estate Planning & Trusts
The Arizona estate planning lawyers at Jennings Haug Cunningham work with individuals and families to create customized estate plans to fit their particular needs and objectives. Our estate planning lawyers also work with many family-business owners as they engage in business succession planning to ensure an orderly transfer of ownership of a business.
Our estate planning lawyers are available to assist clients with a variety of estate planning goals, such as:
- Distribute assets at death to heirs and beneficiaries without the need of court involvement and with minimal loss to estate taxes and administrative fees
- Provide for the ongoing care and support of minor or disabled adult children
- Provide for management of assets in the event of incapacity and avoid the need for a court appointed conservator
- Designate an individual to make medical and long-term care decisions in the event of incapacity and avoid the need for a court appointed guardian
- Plan for the orderly succession of leadership in a family-owned business
- Bestow assets to a favorite charity
- Maintain privacy of family affairs
Our experienced estate planning lawyers provide clients with information about the full range of tools available to meet their goals and provide accurate and thorough document preparation to ensure that the client’s intentions are followed and will contests avoided. Such estate planning tools include, among others:
- Last Will and Testaments
- Revocable Trusts
- Durable Financial Powers of Attorney
- Durable Health Care and Mental Health Care Powers of Attorney
- Living Wills
- Beneficiary Deeds and other Beneficiary Designations
- Special Needs Trusts
- Irrevocable Life Insurance Trusts
- Family Limited Partnerships
- Buy-Sell Agreements
The attorney practicing in the firm’s estate planning and trust section is Hillary P. Gagnon.
The Estate Planning, Trusts & Probate lawyers of Jennings Haug Cunningham clients living throughout the state of Arizona, including the greater Metropolitan Phoenix area, Tucson, Flagstaff, Yuma, and Prescott. In addition to Estate Planning & Trust legal services, Jennings Haug Cunningham helps clients facing Probate, Estate Administration, Guardianship & Conservatorship legal issues.
Recent articles by our lawyers on current estate planning legal matters.