Jennings Haug Cunningham is a full-service business law firm. Our business planning lawyers provide legal counsel and litigation services to clients in a wide variety of industries, particularly the construction industry, insurance industry, Surety & Fidelity industry, leasing companies, banks and lending companies.
We serve local companies and national companies with business interests in Arizona or the Southwest, and are experienced in business transactions as well as bringing and defending business claims in court and before regulatory agencies.
Our services to business begin when a prospective owner seeks to structure a new business, and continues through the life of a business to the time of sale or closure.
- Assist clients in selecting an appropriate business structure: sole proprietorship, partnership, limited liability company (llc), limited liability partnerships (llp), s-corporation, c-corporation
- Prepare articles of incorporation and draft other business formation documents, including partnership agreements
- Financing business start-ups
- Draft, negotiate or review business and employment contracts
- Assist with the purchase of a business
- Assist with acquisition or leasing of a business property
- Provide legal counsel on business decision-making and business planning
- Structure business transactions
- Advise on labor management concerns and ensure compliance with relevant employment laws
- Advise on the transfer of a business to a successor upon the death of a business owner
Closing of a Business
- Assist with the valuation and sale of a business
- Draft buy-sell agreements
- Assist a financially distressed business with pre-bankruptcy analysis and review of business restructuring options, workout plans and sale of assets
- Assist businesses in filing for bankruptcy under Chapter 7 or Chapter 11 or Chapter 12
Banking, Finance and Leasing
The commercial leasing law firm of Jennings Haug Cunningham represents financial institutions, banks, lenders, borrowers and lessors. We provide legal counsel for a variety of lending and leasing transactions, including:
- Raw land acquisition and development
- Asset-based financing
- Equipment leasing
- Real property leasing
- Personal property leasing
- Credit lines
- Lessor financing
Our business financing attorneys assist clients in the following ways:
- Negotiate and draft loan and lease documents
- Assist with loan closings
- Complete title work
- Advise on secured transactions
- Enforcement on loan or lease agreements
Jennings Haug Cunningham offers arbitration and mediation services in a wide variety of cases, in an effort to resolve disputes prior to going the expensive route of litigation. The firm’s Mediation and Conference Center is equipped with four segregated conference rooms and the latest in digital audio, video and Internet technology to support the ADR process.
The Arizona business financing attorneys at Jennings Haug Cunningham are: John G. Sinodis, Mark E. Barker, Chad L. Schexnayder, Matthew H. Sloan, Joseph A. Brophy, James L. Csontos, Hillary P. Gagnon, D. Kim Lough, Edward Rubacha, Blake E. Whiteman, Robert J. Lamb and Alana L. Porrazzo.
Contact the Arizona business lawyers at Jennings Haug Cunningham. We serve businesses of all sizes, particularly in the construction, banking, real estate and insurance industries, throughout Arizona, including greater metropolitan Phoenix, Tucson, Flagstaff, Yuma, Prescott; and our attorneys also accept select cases elsewhere in the southwest United States, including California and Colorado.