Shawdy’s practice is focused in general insurance defense litigation and coverage work. She has gained experience in insurance defense work by handling all aspects of tort defense litigation and litigation for complex construction defect cases.
In addition, Shawdy has a substantial criminal defense practice. Over the years, she has handled a wide variety of criminal matters, ranging from simple infractions to serious felony charges. Through her work in the area, Shawdy has gained ample experience as a trial attorney.
Shawdy joined Jennings Haug Cunningham in 2016. In addition to her active legal practice, Shawdy has been an adjunct professor at Arizona Summit Law School.
Areas of Practice
- Insurance Defense & Coverage
- Criminal Defense
- Arizona (2007)
- US District Court, Arizona (2013)
University of Baltimore School of Law
University of Maryland, Baltimore County
B.A. in Political Science (2003) cum laude
Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Bar of Arizona Committee on Minorities and Women in the Law – member and past chair
- State Bar of Arizona Convention Committee
- State Bar of Arizona – member
Honors and Awards
- State Bar of Arizona – Bar Leadership Institute – selected participant 2010-11