Mr. Rubacha represents clients in a wide range of construction and commercial litigation matters, including the representation of clients doing business with Indian tribes and tribal entities on and off the reservation. His trial and litigation experience includes matters specific to the construction and surety industries and general commercial business disputes, as well as tribal and reservation-related matters.
Mr. Rubacha joined the firm in 1987 and became a partner in 1996.
Mr. Rubacha graduated from Purdue University (B.S. 1978) and Arizona State University (M.B.A. 1981 and J.D. 1987).
Mr. Rubacha has earned the AV Rating with Martindale Hubbell®.
- Representation of sureties in litigation involving construction issues, bond claims, and recovery from indemnitors.
- Representing organizations in contract negotiations with and litigation against Indian Tribes and tribal entities.
Areas of Practice
- New Mexico (Federal District Court)
- U.S. Court of Appeals - 9th Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Hopi Tribal Court
- Tohono O’odham Tribal Court
- Gila River Indian Tribal Court
- Colorado River Tribal Court
- Pascua Yaqui Tribal Court
- Tonto Apache Tribal Court
Arizona State University, College of Law
J.D., 1987 (c um Laude)
Arizona State University
B.S., 1978 (Electrical Engineering)
- Co-Author, Sureties and Native American Sovereigns, Pearlman 2007 (2007)
- Co-Author, State by State Guide to Construction Contracts and Claims, Arizona Chapter (2006)
- Reservations About the Reservation: Concerns When Contracting With Tribes and Tribal Entities, Western States Surety Conference (1994)
- Contributing Author, Fifty State Construction Lien and Bond Law, Arizona Chapter, Aspen Publications
- "What to Do When Construction Projects Go Bad in Arizona", Lorman Education Services (Feb. 2008)
- "Arizona Construction Law for Architects, Engineers and Contractors", HalfMoon Seminars (2008)
- Presenter, Western States Surety Conference (1994, 2000, 2008, 2015)
- Presenter, Workshop, Arizona Society of Certified Public Accountants (Fall, 2006)
- Presenter, ABA Forum on Construction, New Orleans (2005)
- Presenter, Tort & Insurance Practice Section- FSLC, ABA, Mid-Winter, 2013
- Presenter, City of Phoenix Construction Law Symposium, Bi-Annual
Honors and Awards
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America® for Construction Law and Construction Litigation (2012-2017)
Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Bar of Arizona, Construction Law Section
- California Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Surety & Fidelity Section
- Litigation Section
- Forum on Construction
Pro Bono Activities
- Maricopa County Bar Association – Volunteer Lawyers Program
- Arizona East Valley Juniors Youth Volleyball